- BioPure Y BioBarbs™ are designed to meet the same high performance standards of our BioBarbs.
- They are produced from DMF listed polypropylene that complies with FDA and USP Class VI test protocols.
- The oversized hose barb design facilitates a strong adhesion to the tubing and ties may not be required.
- Bio-Ys™ feature a true bore design through the entire connector, and the barb design ensures a smooth transition from tubing to adaptor, reducing turbulence.
- The Y junction splits the flow with minimum turbulence and optimum flow rate.
- The identical ID of barb and tubing allows complete full drainage along an unimpeded flow path, and compression between the tube and fitting eliminates the by-pass of the media to potential entrapment areas.
- Every Y has permanently moulded in it the production lot number and size identification.
- Bio-Ys are produced from polypropylene that fulfils the requirements on materials used for articles or components of articles intended for medical use as described in European Pharmacopoeia, 7th Edition (2010), and supplement 7.2 (07/2011) Monograph 3.2.2 Plastic containers and closures for pharmaceutical use and has passed the United States Pharmacopeia testing including Class VI tests and has been assigned the FDA Drug Master File No.: DMF9040.